- Can you refund games on Xbox?
- What are the conditions for refunds on Xbox?
- How to request a refund for an Xbox game?
- What happens after you request a refund for an Xbox game?
- How long does it take for a refund to be processed on Xbox?
- What are the consequences of refunding an Xbox game?
- Is it possible to get a refund for an Xbox game after playing it?
- What if you bought an Xbox game from a third-party seller?
- What if you have an Xbox Live subscription?
- How to contact Xbox customer support for refunds?
Can You Refund Games On Xbox?
If you’re not happy with a game purchase on Xbox, you may be wondering if you can get a refund. We’ll outline the refund process and what you need to know.
Checkout this video:
Can you refund games on Xbox?
At this time, it is not possible to refund games on Xbox. You may be able to return the game for a refund if it is within the return period and you have the original receipt, but this is up to the discretion of the retailer. If you have purchased a game digitally, you may be able to request a refund through Microsoft’s customer support.
What are the conditions for refunds on Xbox?
Xbox offers refunds for games and downloadable content (DLC) purchased through Microsoft Store on Xbox One and Windows 10, provided you request a refund within two weeks of purchase and have not started downloading, installed, or used the content. Game or DLC refunds do not cover in-game purchases, pre-orders, or game trials.
If you want to get a refund for a game or DLC that you purchased on your Xbox console or Windows 10 PC, follow the easy steps below.
How to get a refund for an Xbox or Microsoft Store purchase
On your PC:
1. Go to order history and select Request a refund.
2. Select the item you want to refund and choose Refund.
On your Xbox console:
1. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Under Recent orders, find the transaction you want to return.
3. Press the menu button on your controller, then select Request a refund .
How to request a refund for an Xbox game?
You can refund an Xbox game within 14 days of purchase, as long as you have not started playing it. Refunds are processed through Microsoft and take 5-10 business days to complete.
To request a refund for an Xbox game:
1. Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Order history page.
2. Find the order you want to refund, and select Request a refund.
3. Follow the instructions on the next page to complete your refund request.
What happens after you request a refund for an Xbox game?
After you request a refund for an Xbox game, you’ll receive an email confirming your request. Within 10 business days, you should see the refund in your Microsoft account. If you paid with a credit or debit card, the refund will go to that card. If you paid with PayPal, the refund will go to your PayPal account.
How long does it take for a refund to be processed on Xbox?
It can take up to two weeks for a refund to be processed on Xbox. However, if you have a digital code, you may be able to get a refund immediately.
What are the consequences of refunding an Xbox game?
If you refund an Xbox game, you will lose access to the game and any associated DLC or add-ons. You will also not be able to re-download the game or DLC in the future. Microsoft does not offer refunds for games that have been downloaded and played, even if you delete the game files from your console.
Is it possible to get a refund for an Xbox game after playing it?
Consumers who have purchased an Xbox game from the Microsoft Store may be eligible for a refund if they meet certain criteria. In order to obtain a refund, customers must have played the game for less than two hours and must not have progressed past the first level. Additionally, the game must have been purchased within the past fourteen days. If a customer meets all of these criteria, they can submit a request for a refund by filling out an online form.
What if you bought an Xbox game from a third-party seller?
If you bought your game from a third-party seller, such as a retailer or another website, you’ll need to go through them for a refund. We can’t give refunds for games or apps that you bought from anyone other than Microsoft.
To request a refund from a third-party seller:
1. Go to the [Order history](https://account.microsoft.com/services/xbox/pages/orderhistory.aspx) page, sign in, and find the order.
2. Select **Request a refund**, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
3. If the **Request a refund** link isn’t available, it probably means that it’s too late to get one. Each store has different refund policies, so we can’t give refunds after the fact.
4. If you’re still not able to get a refund from the store, you can [Open a service request](https://support2.xboxlive.com/contact-us) with Xbox Support to look into this further for you.”
What if you have an Xbox Live subscription?
How to contact Xbox customer support for refunds?
To refund a game on Xbox, you will need to contact Xbox customer support. You can reach them by phone at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX, or by going to their website and clicking on the “Contact Us” link.
When you contact customer support, be sure to have your purchase information ready. They will likely need your gamertag, the date of purchase, and the last four digits of your credit card number. They may also ask for a description of the problem you’re having with the game.
Xbox customer support will help you through the process of refunding your game. If they are unable to refund your purchase, they may be able to offer you a Microsoft Store credit that can be used towards another purchase.